FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:33 pm
enthrop

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott PP, Hertz PC, HH Diamond
Hey all - Hoping I'm asking this in the right thread. Was looking for Marriott/SPG recommendations for Bangkok, but hoping that "Marriott Family" now means SPG properties as well!

Looking for recommendation for a vacation I'm taking with my girlfriend. Will be there in mid-late November for a week (6 nights). What I care about:
- Marriott Platinum Premier member. Although my SPG profile only says Platinum (system issue??)
- Lounge access. Good/decent lounge. Will likely have breakfast there everyday. Dinner will likely be had outside though because I'm there vacationing to experience Thailand! But I like knowing that the lounge is available.
- For the above, good breakfast. I hate the limits of US Marriotts and their CL breakfasts.
- Decent/good pool. Hey, I'm on vacation, I want to lounge around sometimes.
- Good tourist location. Access to easy public transit, or just ways to get around. We're not night animals either, so one or two nights at the bars/clubs, but that's it. My 20s have long been over
- Neighborhood: I'm still researching stuff, but I'm thinking Sukhumvit, Siam, or Silom.
- Open to both Marriott & SPG properties.
- Decent chance at an upgrade. Not critical, but hey, can't hurt to hope. I'll be booking with points likely (make use of the 4 nights + 1 free).

So far, based on my own research, I've been eyeing the Renaissance, Athenee (although CL sounds like it's under renovation, so that may cross it off.. and official policy says Luxury Collection doesn't give CL access, but flyertalk reports say they have been), JW Marriott (actually a pretty good points value), or Sheraton Grand Sukhumit (SGS seems to have quiet a number of fanboys on the old Sheraton thread for this hotel). Open to any other properties though, if it hasn't made it onto my radar but recommended.

Thanks.