FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:08 pm
iluv2fly
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I just boarded ORD-EWR which is a converted 777-200. The agent called all boarding groups together without a pause. I asked him about it. He said this is the new procedure and pointed to the text that they read from. The text clearly has a “pause” after each individual boarding group. I pointed out the “pause” and he blew me off. You can imagine the stampede into the plane with all five groups.

So instead of steaming, I called GS at ORD (I have their office number) and asked the supervisor to meet me at the gate. I told her what the issue was and she called the gate supervisor of that area to meet us there. I was able to talk to both of them about the issue. Although they were sympathetic, they did say that it was a new process and that there was a learning curve. I replied that every flight I have boarded correctly implemented the process, so that excuse doesn’t cut it for me.

They said that they would talk to the agent. I had to board, but knowing the GS supervisor, I know she will follow up with the gate supervisor.

So let them know!