FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta comfort Plus - Extreme Stupidity
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:31 am
aero0729

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by Weekend Away
+1
I achieved Diamond in 2017 therefore I have it through this year. I have 72,000 MQM, 50K are roll over. I fly 200,000+ miles for work each year. I switched to United but still fly DL when its the only option. I will go out of my way to fly UA though. They have massive E+ cabins for when your upgrades don't clear. And yes.. 1K's can upgrade up to 8.. yes 8 on the same flight. I have had no issues with people outside of my reservation getting E+. United also gives 1K's hot food free in coach / drinks and snacks free no matter where you sit.

Why I switched? Skyteam sucks... Skymiles are crap and terrible policies within DL Frequent Flyer program like the 72 hour rule and the Comfort Plus upgrade mess. UA is so easy.. .just click the seat you want. DL made it terrible. And NEW to DL.. this doesnt happen on United. If there are no shows to first Class... they are ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS leaving those seats empty. UA is excellent and consistent coming onboard to find you.

Oh .. and those who say DL Operations are awesome... SAVE IT! I have had much better on-time % with United. YMMV with all the airlines.