FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:51 pm
JHake10

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by tmiw
​​​​​​Would Chase respond with a separate UR earning card (say, one that has a permanent grocery bonus), or by adding benefits/rewards to the CSR?
Most people I know with the CSR redeem points via the travel portal at 1.5cpp. With Chase, your 1 dollar at restaurants gets you 3 UR points which turns into 4.5% cash back for travel. With AMEX, your 1 dollar at restaurants get you 4 MR points which is variable depending on what you're redeeming for. Many of the people I know just did the math and confirmed the CSR was a better card for the way they are redeeming it.

With that said, I exclusively redeem via transfer partners. So this new Gold card makes a ton of sense for me.

AMEX MR system is not as straight forward as Chase UR (which is on purpose for breakage) and people don't want to be bothered. Especially when the CSR is still offering a better value proposition via travel portal redemptions.