FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Glasgow {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:28 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hugolover
I don't know about the Hilton on the weekends, but I have a clear impression that the DT provides a more substantial offering in the lounge during the week when there are more higher yield customers due to higher rates and key-account Diamonds than the typical weekend crowd in both hotels. I mostly stay during the week and had one Sunday night stay a few weeks back.

For example one day this week the DT had gnocchi with chicken & spinach (really good), pork pies with gravy, potato wedges, some kind of Thai Curry, cheese, cold cuts and salad with olives etc. There is always Brew Dog and Estrella Damm, red & white wines as well as Gin, Vodka, JD, Rum and I think some kind of standard Malt. All spirits on request. Plus crisps, alpen bars, wine gums, shortbread & tunnocks wafers and caramel coconuts. A few weeks back there was fillet steak. I've seen salmon brought up for a Hindu family who couldn't eat the meat that was put out.

It really does depend on the chef and the client mix. Regarding cleanliness, only when its been super packed have I seen it like that but there are always two attendants for the evening session.

DT lounge is 24 hours, has windows and a much nicer ambience.
Yes the DT lounge is 24 hours that is a selling point.

I saw something this evening that leads me to believe that spirits may be on request at the Hilton as well. (Old couple mumbled something to attendant. Glasses appeared from out back with ice and clear liquid in them which they were going to top off with tonic water.)

I will also grant you that being on the guest room floor the DT lounge is move convenient. But I think the ambiance is a matter of opinion. I prefer the ambiance of the Hilton.