FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoorDash, Postmates, GrubHub, UberEats, Eat24 & Other Meal Delivery Services
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:00 pm
scubadu

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by acarney

That’s the thing I don’t get, only one location dropped for me when almost every other one increased. The difference is maybe a mile or two yet some of the ones that are a good 20 minute drive is the same $8.49 or whatever as the ones 6 minutes away. But only the one like 5 minutes away dropped. I just can’t imagine anyone paying $8.49 or up for delivery in this area when traffic and parking isn’t an issue. (Not a big city)

i really think uber needs to change its “on demand” staffing model for the eats service. Funnel more trips to fewer drivers with smaller fees/payouts but ultimately earn them more per hour. The algorithm could cue sending orders to restaurants. My wait is never less than 30 to 40 min anyway and the drive is always the shortest part, by far.
You are aware that nobody is forcing you to use UberEats, right? There are countless food delivery services available.

Regards