FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PERFECT CREDIT - AMEX Cancelled???
View Single Post
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:44 pm
jags86

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
OP,

You don’t have perfect credit. You yourself have admitted to:

1) Not paying your Bank of America bill on time
2) Being deliquent on student loans

Regardless of the reasons, these are the facts. This is why AMEX cancelled your accounts. I hope you can get everything restored but I believe you should realize that major corporations that have 1,000,000s of customers cannot listen to every single persons story. They have predetermined computer algorithms that say “so and so is a good customer” and “so and so is a bad customer”. Your profile, as you have described, is one of a bad customer.

I will give you a quick story that would relate to your business if what everyone above says is true. When I became treasurer of my fraternity in college, the prior one was completely deliquent. He did not pay bills on time even though we had the money. We even had our electricity shut off at the frat house. When I became treasurer I had to go down to the utility office to get it turned back on. They wanted a $5000 deposit. They did not care that it was a prior treasurer was irresponsible. They did not care that we didn’t have $5000. All they knew is that our “account” was risky. You now have become risky because of things that have happened. Please take this time to consider how yuou handle your personal finances going forward.