FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:32 am
tassojunior

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by mia
I would read the actual terms rather than relying on anyone else's summary.

PERSONAL: 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles can be earned by new Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® card cardmembers approved through this offer. American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi® / AAdvantage® card (other than a MileUp℠ or CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card) opened or closed in the past 24 months.

BUSINESS: This card is not available if the business already has a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® account. Bonus miles and any additional special offer not available if you have had any CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® account opened or closed in the past 24 months.
So the actual language is that the 24 month rule is separate for personal and biz. Meaning as someone who has neither opened or closed either in 24 months I can now get both?

I haven't dealt with Citi for 2 years at all so I'm trying to not mess this up. Sorry if I sound like a Citi noobe, it's just Citi changes everything in 2 years.

The 70K biz offer is tempting but it sounds like people here are doing almost as well with matching calls. I'm doing a 3K spend on Delta now and want to snatch an IHG with a 2K spend and hate to load a 4K spend on top of those right now, but 70K is 70K and Christmas is coming.

Thx