FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enough is enough - Bye bye BA - I'm out
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:58 am
nd100

I've yet to be sold on the idea of connecting via the Gulf to points further east, unless it's Australia where there isn't (yet) a non-stop option.
On my long-hauls I usually choose BA because they go to most places non-stop from London. In that respect they have no adequate competitor.
Earlier this year we went on a leisure trip to the Philippines where BA doesn't go (except for maintenance). Could have used Avios for a QR flight in J and seriously considered it, but walked away from it when we realised that it would cut a very long flight in half, which would mean (at best) two unsatisfactory naps rather than a sweet long sleep.
In the end we managed to get tickets on Philippine Airlines in Mabuhay Class for £1,600 return, which turned out to be a great decision. On the way out we had one of the newest 777-300s with fully flat beds which were far superior to CW on BA, both in terms of comfort and service. On the way back it was one of the slightly older planes with angle-flat seat which were still pretty good for the price, but most importantly we slept through both legs and arrived well rested.