FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:49 pm
Utskicat

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Note you may have a 2nd PNR with China Airlines. When changes like this are done, you can sometimes end up with a double PNR. One showing you in business with a 006 ticket and the original PNR with CI ticket. Hopefully it correctly updates. In case it doesn't this is first thing to have them look for.
I wondered if this was maybe happening...

Originally Posted by flyerCO
BTW CI has been running Z fares from JFK/LAX/YVR/YYZ-SYD/AKL for around the same price. May not be available for your dates of travel. However it's something to look at.
Interesting. I have spent hours looking for something like that. Closest I found was AC fare RT only (and only on their website) for CAD $2600 all in from YYZ-YVR-TPE in J on a 787-9. I just couldn't piece together a J class option from TPE to AKL for under $4000 total. I just looked up all Business fares YYZ-AKL and JFK-AKL for next 330 days on CI on EF and cheapest EF is reporting is D fare for US$4944 RT. Where are you finding these Z fares? I'm intrigued!

Thanks!