FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Freedom 2018 4th quarter 5% categories: Wholesale club, Dept store, Chase Pay
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:58 pm
rasheed

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by jep8821
Bonus points for Costco.com purchase on October 1 didn't show up for me...
This is a definite call or secure message situation to request the bonus credit manually because the list of 5% merchants for the quarter includes the website. I know that costco.com is an entirely different category than the club stores. I am sure if your transaction failed, all other Chase Freedom customers also failed.

Originally Posted by Biscoff27
Hmm, I guess I will try just going through Samsung Pay next time to test it out. It does show the Chase Pay icon when i open it in Samsung Pay.
I just did my first digital wallet transaction for the quarter via the long method (Chase Pay to Pay to Samsung Pay to PIN to NFC). The instant notification on the completed transaction amount was from Samsung Pay, but when I open the Chase Pay app, it shows the transaction as Pending - Chase Pay. That has to be good news so far. The website and regular Chase Pay app has no detail of that sort (just the usual pending with no click detail). If it doesn't post as 5x, I will definitely seek retro credit for these types of transactions.