FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New OZ Elite Membership Qualifying/Maintenance Standard
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:00 am
mikesaidyes

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by slimjin
Because I already bank with KEB I was looking at the 1.8 card today, and one thing I noticed was that the accrual rate is actually very slightly better, because 1.6 and 1.8 etc are the rate of "Hana mileage" accumulation, which can then be converted to airline miles. But the redemption rate for Asiana is 1 Hana mile = 1.2 Asiana miles, so if I understand correctly the true accrual rate is 1500 KRW = 1.8 Hana miles * 1.2 Asiana redemption = 2.16 miles, and for foreign transactions it's 2.0 * 1.2 = 2.4 miles per 1500 KRW. And although the foreign transaction mileage bonus is capped at 1000 Hana miles/month, that's not bad at all.
For me as a vacation traveler only 3-4 times a year (and the bf/friends don't have PP) - I didn't think it was worth it to splurge up the 130,000W card. I did some math haha (my limit is kept low intentionally 2 mil a month - I pay it off in full of course with my paycheck)