FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian to fly between UK, Ireland and U.S. NE Coast cities. from Summer 2017.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:10 am
itsallgood

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by usbusinesstraveller

None from the UK (their MAX routes from EDI/BFS). They have made DUB-SWF double daily and are promoting shopping day trips to a mall in Newburgh.

Don’t forget LGW-SIN also gets the chop in January. And they’re trying to sell all (60) of their A320/neos that are due for delivery soon.

https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/co...t-commitments/
I haven't looked at Norwegian in almost 3 months, but the first item I reviewed was their September 2018 Investor Presentation slide deck on their investor relations page. There was a note on page 14 stating that 'up to' 140 aircraft are up for sale. I realize that a part of those numbers are orders/options, but their year end 2018 fleet is only supposed to be 164 aircraft. A more likely number of aircraft sold by the end of 2018 is 'all of them'. The slide deck also discussed CASK reductions but failed to show any RASK numbers. Red flag!
I went through their monthly RASK numbers (from their monthly traffic figures) it was: .47 (Jul), .40 (Aug), .33 (Sep). I'll be generous and estimate a .41 RASK for the quarter (more flying in Jul than Sep). Their Q2 CASK was .41 so my guess is that they'll report a loss for Q3 due to rising fuel costs unless they magically come up with more one time profits from currency and fuel hedges.

From this point forward, anyone buying tickets on Norwegian is really rolling the bones and are taking a chance that they'll meet the same fate as Primera customers.