FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A thread: all welcome, new and old!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:38 pm
rustykettel

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
I have a couple of ticket credits for $300 each. have some flights of $100 each coming up and would like to use, but of course don;t want to lose the residual value. Is there a way to deposit the ticket value into my wallet so that I can the precise amounts I need? Separate question: If I use the $300 towards a 2019 ticket of $400, but then need to cancel that new $400 ticket, can the $400 then go to my wallet?
Just to clarify, these aren't discount codes such as for service recovery? Because those don't have any residual value after applying. They also cannot be refunded. The way to save those is to change a ticket, instead of cancelling.

If it's a travel certificate, you can deposit those into my wallet online in your account with the number and PIN. Note that they can't be undeposited.

If it's a cancelled ticket, once the cancellation fee is paid (if not Gold/75K), you can either apply it to a ticket, turn it into travel certificate, or deposit into MyWallet. I've only done the applying the ticket directly with a travel agent (company paid ticket) who worked with an AS agent so never done it directly myself on the website, but the excess value went into a travel certificate.Travel certificates maintain the residual value until used up or expire.

A cancelled ticket/travel certificate of $300 towards a $400 ticket will get the entire amount recredited. I can't remember if it's just a single $400 with the date reset or split back to the payment amounts with original dates (to prevent "laundering" the expiration date as it were). Maybe someone else can chime in on that point.