FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A thread: all welcome, new and old!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:58 pm
rustykettel

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
With only 6k, you'd be lucky to find many flight or hotel award options that are useful to you, but you could buy more miles to get to a level where you might find some value if you wanted to.
There's a cash + miles option on the hotel booking, so don't necessarily need to buy more miles.

Originally Posted by Zwiebelbauer
I was bumped from a flight, and the rebooked flight is in Y class. I was wondering if it's possible to use MVP status/GGU for an instant upgrade on the rebooked flight even if the original booking class was not in an eligible fare class? When trying to apply a code on the website, it says to call in for anything related to the reservation
Are you within T-48 of departure of the new flight? If so, just the GA add you to the upgrade list and you should clear immediately if U is open (which is needed for a GGU upgrade as well). I've never used a GGU on a rebooking, but they do seem to be coded slightly differently behind the scenes as they post as original fare earnings not full Y CoS bonus.