FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:52 pm
ExplorerWannabe

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wanderingkev
The thing I have noticed now with the new pre board new regime is the GA's are scooting through the now increased number of pre boards fairly quickly and not necessarily in the same order which seems to add to confusion,
Personally for me it seems to make more sense to have those needing more time , disabilities and the young kids boarding with a gap of several minutes before the rest to get them settled.There is little point to me boarding the infirm first only to be chased down and overtaken on the jet bridge by elites gripped by the pathological fear that they will be unable to stow their carry on precisely over their seat
Agreed. On my last flight, they preboarded families with young kids then boarded Group 1 almost immediately thereafter. The poor mother in front of me was still trying to get her baby out of the stroller so she could gate check it and had a bunch of Group 1s piled up behind her then passing her. Ridiculous.