FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award booking issues on FB website
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:27 pm
redbirdsj

Originally Posted by Goldorak
The problem is not "following the computer" but allowing you to book an award ticket on partner flights with availability for awards. Again, if you want to fly SAT-CDG, you cannot expect the airline to grant you any exotic routing you may have in mind for whatever reason. The manual construction will lead you to a multi-destination trip. Obviously, your most important objective is to fly IAD-CDG, so you should concentrate on that.
This isn't an exotic routing. There's no backtracking, only one additional segment, and layovers are <24 hours. In my experience, domestic airlines (AA, UA, AS, etc.) would all accommodate this by manually piecing together the segments and pricing it as one award with one origin and one destination. If FB won't, they won't, but that's what I'm asking. Searching segment by segment yields availability for each one in the flying blue booking engine. My question is, will they construct the itinerary manually if each segment is separately available but the system won't suggest the routing that puts them all together?