FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Travel Visa Question
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:29 pm
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by work2fly
Since we have 2 separate tickets, I expect DL will see our destination as China until I show them otherwise.

I guess assessing the risk comes down to how common our situation is. It seems we'll need some level of intervention by an agent since Timatic isn't going to automatically say we're okay without a visa.

​​​

​​​​​
I am in China now, having used TWOV to enter. Flew in on DL from the US. Will be flying out on LH to Europe. As risk alleviation on my part to ensure I didn’t have an agent try to deny boarding in the US becuase they were confused, what I did was I called DL a couple months prior and had an agent verify that I’d be good to go with TWOV and then had the agent place a note in the reservation that I would be using TWOV but had a departure on another airline.

You will be asked for a printout of your outbound itinerary both at check-in with DL since they won’t be able to see the outbound reservation and you will need the printout of the outbound itinerary (with the airline confirmation number) when processing the TWOV line upon entry into China.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Oct 2, 2018 at 9:13 pm Reason: Fix Typos