FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:43 pm
controller1

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by neony77
If you have the upgrade offer on your existing SPG card there is no hard credit pull correct? Maybe applying for a mortgage in the near future so don't want a credit pull right now. I also have CSR/Citi Prestige and the only reason for me to consider this is due to the fact that I can potentially get 100,000 points for an effective additional annual fee of $55. Planning to keep the personal SPG card, AF just hit last month - no retention offers (got one earlier in March). It is my oldest card and I have decided to keep it for at least 1 more year, hence considering the upgrade. Any thoughts appreciated!
Are you truly planning on upgrading the card? You state that you plan on keeping the SPG personal card. So are you planning on having both the personal SPG Amex and the Luxury SPG Amex?