FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Saudi Airlines ripped me off!
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:31 pm
immortal

Angry Saudi Airlines ripped me off!

Late last year, I was about to lose Alfursan flyer points from Saudi Airlines. On the very last day to redeem these, December 31, 2017, and after several very difficult calls to their call center in Jordan, I was able to get booked on a domestic U.S. Delta Airlines (Skyteam Partner) roundtrip ticket, MKE to SFO. This would cost me as many miles were expiring and, despite the horrible flight times for a flight 8 months later, I was happy to use these miles. During my many calls (since they weren't very friendly to check many city pairs and/or dates on a single call), several times I had the reservation agent on the phone refer me to Delta Airlines to make the reservation (with my Alfursan points??!?!) or say that it isn't possible to book Alfursan tickets on Delta. I corrected them on these occasions.

After finally going through the process of booking a red-eye flight for August, the reservation agent warned me that this was a "use it or lose it ticket and that the miles were getting pulled from my account....are you sure?" I agreed and he booked the reservation. The miles were deducted from my account shortly thereafter. I received numerous emails confirming and updating my reservation (as Delta adjusted its schedule slightly over the year).

I arrived at the MKE airport for my flight and was greatly surprised that I had a reservation but no ticket! Apparently Saudi Airlines did not actually buy or pay for the ticket from Delta! Knowing that I didn't have time to solve this problem right then and there, I pulled out my credit card and paid for the $800+ coach ticket price and flew off on my vacation. Not a good start to the fun!

Upon return from my vacation, I tried complaining to Saudi Airlines through their web site (horrible), call their Alfursan and reservations departments in the USA (useless as they referred me to call Saudi Arabia), and then I called Saudi Arabia and was transferred around and around and back and forth and back again. No one would claim that they could find my reservation (clearly, I had a reservation code) or that they were the right people to help me.

I can only suggest that people never fly Saudi Airlines. This is a theft of my points and it cost me $800+ for their mistake. And, they have horrible customer service!