FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating Queries: First
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:19 am
rossmacd

Originally Posted by shadowline
Honeymoon booking to SCL, so would like a middle pair on the 787.

Both 1EF and 2EF are available.

2F seems to be a bassinet seat according to the seat map. So as not to risk not getting split, am I correct in thinking that we're better off booking 1EF, even though it seems from previous posts that 2EF are better?
SCL is a good route - I did a BA F return last month. With all that is said about Mixed Fleet, both crews that I had (outbound and inbound) were excellent. The outbound crew particularly good, and took the top spot if I had to split hairs. Probably helped by the excitement of getting to spend a decent amount of time downroute, which all of the crew were particularly looking forward to. The prospect of visiting the Andes, drinking fabulous wine at local vineyards or skiing (as some did) definitely helped lift the mood. It also probably helped that I was staying at the BA (and AA) crew hotel for the 3 weeks I was there so met many crews cycling through. Let's just say the CSM particularly enjoyed herself on the Friday evening at the beginning of Chilean independence celebrations, which we laughed and spared her blushes on the flight she was running on the Sunday

I do not think I saw a full F cabin on the flights I checked, so you will most likely have good service also. Enjoy the trip - fantastic country for a honeymoon ^