FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK Lounge FAQs and updates
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:48 am
MarshyM

Programs: EK Silver...just
Originally Posted by gillyd22

yes, agree it’s another consideration. However, the journey from LHR can be painful due to the congestion. LGW, on the other hand, can be almost as fast and a much more pleasant journey (assuming CD). For me, it’s a no brainier. LGW every time. Even next week when I’m actually staying North of London (Islington]. Still think LGW is leaps and bounds ahead of LHR. And totally agree - it’s an absolute zoo, especially T3.
Wow i'd have always said LHR over LGW everytime when it comes to getting to/from the airport!! Twice ive been sooo late with CD to LGW that we've nearly missed the flight, the traffic to LGW from central London is a nightmare; as is to LHR granted, so surely its worth the HEX which is remarkably easy and quick (yes, costly but surely its worth it if you're already in Premium?). Anyway, just couldn't let this thread go without putting my thoughts in folks FWIW!
Cant comment on the LHR lounge situation with EK though as i always went BA in them days...and that's another story.