FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is fair compensation for such seriously awful Sheraton experience?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:14 am
Global321

Originally Posted by BearX220
ITT: a bunch of men making light of a woman's physical privacy violation. Not a good look, gentlemen. I suggest that OP is singularly equipped to decide if she was "harmed."
This 'bunch of men' nonsense... is well nonsense. Any individual can feel vulnerable or violated. It is not limited to one sex or the other.
When one works out in a public area, walks down the street, goes out to eat, there are risks. While it would be great if the world was a perfect place and no accidents occurred, no one is mugged or gets food poisoning, that is not reality. Life is full of risks. Every decision is risk/reward. Like it or not, there is a chance that if OP chooses to shower again in a public shower, or go to a hotel, or go to work, there is a risk someone will walk in, see something or do something. It is just reality.

As for this situation...
  1. OP's privacy was violated 100%.
  2. Seems accidental. Maintenance worker not leaving could be as simple as if I don't get this done, I will get fired. (And after the complaint, may well have been fired.) Assuming it was China, there are no worker rights. Get the job done or one of 100 other applicants will.
  3. Or maybe it was not accidental and the maintenance worker was a creep. We don't know.
  4. Comping the whole stay was very generous vs. what I would have thought the hotel would give you. (I have had worse than this and got considerably less; Someone barged into my room in the middle of the night and through their bags on the bed on top of me, all with the lights off. (Latch on the door did not work right.) THAT stays with you a long while. I got some points, a dinner voucher, and an apology. And they did not budge!)
  5. OP - let this go for your own good. If you keep fretting over it, it will only eat you up inside. I would suggest you think of it as an accident and do your best to forget about it.