FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:57 am
miles4CDG

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by neony77
If you have the upgrade offer on your existing SPG card there is no hard credit pull correct? Maybe applying for a mortgage in the near future so don't want a credit pull right now. I also have CSR/Citi Prestige and the only reason for me to consider this is due to the fact that I can potentially get 100,000 points for an effective additional annual fee of $55. Planning to keep the personal SPG card, AF just hit last month - no retention offers (got one earlier in March). It is my oldest card and I have decided to keep it for at least 1 more year, hence considering the upgrade. Any thoughts appreciated!
No hard pull. Upgraded, and since then have pulled my credit report. No inquiries.

Separately, received an email invite for their Luxury House event - a "one-night-only extraordinary luxury-hotel experience celebrating the new Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Luxury Card." October 17th in NYC. Featuring Swizz Beatz.

This weekend going to the SPG + American Express special performance of Hamilton (though don't think this was Luxury Card specific, just SPG Amex.) Face-value tickets + open bar, concessions & special gift. In six years with the regular card, did not attend one SPG Amex Card event, so these are nice bonuses. ^