FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm i a Payphone waiting for Cheese or Sugar: 12 days, 8 Flights.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:06 am
737Av8tor

Programs: BA EC
The jump to EWR for our transatlantic on UA 81 to Manchester was on a 737, UA230.

We had the pleasure of encountering the biggest. most, nauseating, obnoxious individual in the northern hemisphere: a true DYKWIA.

She was the last person to board the First cabin and lost it completely because she couldn't find space in the overhead for her carry on: she then proceeded to berate the cabin crew and the guys in the row behind her telling them that they should move their bags from the overhead, put them under the seat in front to make space for her bag. You can guess that with her attitude she endeared herself to the entire First cabin.

Arrived in EWR and set about trying to find the Polaris lounge: followed the signs but gave up and went in to the United Club: reception lady told us that we should be in the Polaris lounge and gave us directions which as it turned out were useless. So we settled at the bar opposite C81 and waited.

Skymap confused yet again.

Flight time announced as 5 hrs 50 minutes: so with dinner and breakfast on the menu it was going to be a busy trip.

Dinner was served as soon as we reached cruising altitude: I choose the Thai curry, Mrs 737 the pasta.

The highlight though of dinner was this: the starter. Seared Tuna with Wasabi.

Absolutely amazing.

All in all United's catering impressed me: particularly given that it was a narrowbody and the return flight was so short.

We were offered breakfast but settled for coffee;Mrs 737 did ask for champagne but was told that they had run out of alcohol!

So, next trip is to Belgium in December via Eurostar to Brussels for the Xmas market: stay tuned:-)

Last edited by 737Av8tor; Oct 2, 2018 at 3:31 am