FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:13 pm
pdx1M

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by findark
I was at the gate for boarding of my second flight since the change (another mainline 739). Either the 1Ks didn't get the memo or the flight was elite-light, as maybe 3 of us boarded at the call for 1Ks. I could watch the whole cabin from Row 5, and despite one or two Y pax who dumped their stuff in F bins there was enough space throughout boarding and no one in F had to gate check. While the bins absolutely fill up sometimes, I rather suspect this (everyone except maybe one pax is fine) is more the norm.
When I see a coach passenger dump a bag in 1st while there are still open F seats I make a mental note and if an F passenger winds up with no space I inform the FA. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior other than an extreme form of self importance. I have seen such bags end up gate checked as a result and it is completely warranted. The absurd thing is that in general when I see it happen there is plenty of space in coach and dumping the bag in F won't even save the perp any time getting off. It's pure selfishness.