FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA73 Abu Dhabi Flight Cancellations
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:12 pm
hjmanasa

My BA flight on October 6th, AUH-LHR, was scheduled to be a 787 in J. . BA has substituted an Air Belgium 787 on this flight due to trouble with Trent engines.
I’ve excerpted below from their email to me today.

We have had to make some adjustments to our schedule so you can fly to your destination as planned. The change is due to additional inspections and maintenance required for Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines on Boeing 787 aircraft, which is having an impact on our overall global schedules. This is an issue affecting several airlines around the world. Carrying you safely to your destination is always our top priority.

To ensure that we’re able to operate your flight we have leased an aircraft from Air Belgium. We’ve chosen Air Belgium because the airline meets all safety standards set by the European Aviation Safety Agency and has a good reputation for customer service. You will be travelling in the same cabin on your original flight number.

If you wish to change your travel plans, we can offer you the following options:

1. Rebook onto a British Airways operated service between London (LHR) and Dubai (DXB) up to 3 days before or after the original travel date.

2. If you purchased a refundable fare, you can choose not to travel and receive an applicable refund.

3. You can call us to discuss potential rebooking options.

Your flight number and other aspects of your journey, including cabin of travel, baggage allowance and lounge access remain unchanged. Any Executive Club Tier Points and Avios will be earned as usual. If you paid to reserve a seat, this will be refunded within 28 days. There may be some differences to the services we usually offer, visit our dedicated web page for
Manage My Booking → Flights

Last edited by hjmanasa; Oct 1, 2018 at 2:46 pm Reason: Substitute Aircraft is an A340, not 787. American Airlines told me it was a 787, BA web site says it’s an A-340.