FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2018)
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:53 am
wyogold

Talked to the store manager about what we do, seems the volume (4K per day between my wife unit and I) and the consistency of the volume, along with getting the max amount / MO set off alarm bells.

Looks like he will be OK with us going on, has to square things with the front end manager so they're on the same page. Discussion went well, honestly, he just wanted to figure out a way to let us do what we do without anyone getting into trouble. I suggested we can do eMSARs every time so they have a record of every txn. He seemed to like that. Will be time consuming, but if it keeps me in business, I can live with it.

He really seemed mostly worried about not getting into trouble. In a way, clearing the issue once and for all (or until something else changes) is maybe not a bad thing. There's simply no way to not appear suspicious when MSing at volume (high 5 - low 6 figs / month), it's so far out of the norm, it's just not possible to blend in with the regular customers.

As for the other options suggested, unfortunately, my store has really low turnover, and I am rally well known by now having done the GC->MO route for years, so waiting it out could well be several years before enough staff has turned over and the institutional memory has dissipated. All staff that mans the MC knows me for all shifts.