FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip.com Bait and Switch Warning
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:21 am
dulciusexasperis
Suspended

Originally Posted by KDS777
This is very common on Expedia.

Their price matches your trip search, and there is ONE package available with the worst possible flight combination/s that no one in their right mind would possibly book.

All other available combinations which are your only options to search from, are for one less day than requested, but they are the same price, and with equivalent, or worse flights, at the same price.
Don''t forget the old 'only 3 rooms left' hotel scam. All that means is that the particular third party booking site you are looking at only has ACCESS to 3 rooms. It does NOT mean the hotel only has 3 rooms left.

Also, you may see a price for a specific hotel room but there is nothing to tell you that the hotel actually has lower priced rooms available, just not available on that third party site you are looking at. Recently, I wanted to book a hotel I have stayed at before, in Switzerland. On the third party sites only a suite was available. When I phoned the hotel they had THREE lower classes of rooms all available for my dates.

Third party sites are simply a 'parasite' (pun intended) that makes money on a transaction that could be done without a middle man being involved at all. When you add a third party, you add more room for problems and for being 'ping-ponged' between the third party and the product provider as to who is responsible for dealing with your problem. With only you and the provider involved, there is no room to do that. Common sense.