FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2018)
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:15 am
jtav559

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by radonc1
I would second Mamibear's advice and avoid making an issue out of this. If I were to use your approach, I would simply go to the manager responsible for the MOs and explain your position. My personal take is that this is a losing gambit.
I would rather just blow off the store for a certain period of time (at least several months) and then tentatively do some small amounts of MO purchase (single swipe, less that $500) to see if things are back up and running. Right now you are a marked man/woman but with high turnover, in several months you may just be another Joe Customer.
2nd this - I had a similar experience with my favorite fishing hole. Let it cool off for 4-5 weeks, tested the waters with a small $50 mo, then built it back up and now back to normal. I still watch out for the CSR that started the issue, but she doesn't seem to work the MC any more so I'm not too worried.

Or, you could try going in at a different time of day. I favor the morning crews, as they don't seem to mind my usual appearance around 9am for a MO. I don't think the days BS has accumulated much at that point and they aren't grumpy yet. Laugh all you want, but the psychology of this is a part of the game.