FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Watch Your Upgrades (delay processing upgrades still occurring)
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:48 am
stefg1007

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by PresRDC
This may be a unique, one-off experience. Certainly one experience does not make for a trend, but FYI in case you are in a similar boat. I'm flying JFK-LHR-WAW tomorrow, paid J. Flight was showing F5A0 when I requested the upgrade to F using an eVIP a few days ago, so I figured it would clear with little issue. All weekend it remained F5A0 and I remained on the waitlist. No big deal - it would clear in due time. This morning I checked again and the flight was showing F5A4, but my upgrade hadn't cleared. A quick call and it was resolved, but, for some reason, it wasn't done automatically. Again, likely a one-off, but just an FYI in case. Thanks!

Same thing happened to me a month ago, but with Y-C. Myself and my fiance were on waitlist for a while - both EXP. I set a C availability notice on expertflyer. About a week prior to the flight, mine cleared - no C availability email from expertflyer went out. About 30 hours prior to departure, I got a C availability email from expertflyer. There were 2 C open, however my fiance hadn't cleared yet. I called up the EXP line and had them process it manually.