FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018: List your upgrades
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:35 am
Redwood839

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Booked: Full Size
Assigned: Dodge Grand Caravan via the App. In person was offered a Mitsubishi Outlander
Received: 2x Mustang ended with Charger R/T

Went down to the Preferred office and told the guy it was just me and my wife and 1 small bag, so no need for an Outlander or Caravan, got a Mustang (everyone was getting a mustang). The said assigned Mustang had 21k miles and a side swipe on the right which was pretty well hidden under the lines of the car. Came back and was offered a Camaro or a Mustang, took a mustang. Had a MASSIVE stone chip bang in the middle of the windshield but was already tagged and I forced the attendant to note it while I recorded. For a 8000 mile car, the brakes were in terrible shape and lots of vibration. Came back the next day since I was driving to Tonopah and wanted something not so vibrating and a grumpy old lady offered a Sentra. She must have seen my face and said "guess you don't want a Sentra". Told me to take a walk and choose something and come back. Lots of SUV's and Mini Vans, lots of convertibles. Ended with a Charger SRT with 3000 miles which was basic but very fun to drive.