FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]
Old Sep 30, 2018, 6:15 pm
BRAMP123

I want to use the $300 SPG credit at the JW Marriott Spa in San Antonio. I'm looking to just buy a massage for my wife and her mom ($150 each). I've heard conflicting opinions on if this would work so if anyone has a data point that would be appreciated.

Can I just send them both to the spa and have them get their massages and use my credit card and get the $300 reimbursed with the credit??? I've read in the T&C that the charges have to be applied to your room charge but I know that is not always true or needed to get the trigger. Anyone have any data points spending money at a Marriott Spa without actually staying the night there (thus not having a room to charge the spa fees to)?

If it doesn't work to do that, I've read a few people say I could just go to the marriott and buy a $300 marriott gift card and that that would trigger the $300 credit. I could then pay for the massages with the $300 gift card. Has anyone recently bought a $300 gift card and had it work? If so, how fast did you get the $300 credit posted to your account? Thanks!!!