FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:06 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
....Quite the rant indeed. But didn't answer the question. It merely implies that people who wear scents you might not like are "idiots", "self-absorbed" and "clueless".

But are they?
Well, I try to make my rants worth a rating or two.

The world has changed. Some people have allergies, some people just can't stand the smells, others just find the idea of overpowering scent and smells in a sealed tube at FL390 for 12, or 16 or 2 hours to be uncomfortable. There doesn't need to be a reason.

If many public buildings, private offices and others choose to have a scent-free policy, it is because it bothers enough people and is relatively easy to implement. Hotels have rooms that are scent free.

And to be clear, the planet is full of a monumental number of clueless and/or self-absorbed. They only care about themselves and it matters not to them if their choices have a negative impact on others. While this could be said about a whole range of topics, I am not the only one who would prefer aircraft cabins be free of people who choose to bathe in perfumes.

And I say this to that guy who was in 6D, upon arrival after 12+ hours, decided we all needed to get a whiff of his cologne.

Perhaps I should send a formal letter to Air Canada. I'll let the more rabid types file complaints....or call the CBC