FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:58 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rooivalk
I've been following this for a long time, and I might just be short of 75 nights this year. Does any meeting count? Could I just book a room at a nearby [Marriott or SPG] for two hours and get 10 elite night credits? This will be my first one if that is important information.
Any meeting booked through the Rewards Events website "Reserve" button counts and paid for and contract "signed" (often "electronically signed", but sometimes you need to print/sign/scan) and attended counts. (Many meetings not attended may count too, but there's a chance they might not count., so if you want to be sure your one meeting counts, show up for it)

But in most areas, only a fraction of hotels have a "Reserve" button. Without a "Reserve" button, you have to request a quote, which is more complicated IMHO for a first time meeting.

It doesn't even have to be two hours, I did only one hour meetings (back in July) and they all counted. And I didn't even stay for the whole hour, just long enough to make it "seem" like a "two-person" meeting started and ended already.

Btw, at some hotels the cost goes down for short meetings and/or at some hours compared to other hours or certain days compared to other days (for example, if the hotel has two meeting rooms differently priced, and the lower priced meeting room is already booked on a given day at a given time, it'll show you a higher price then compared to other times when no one has booked any meetings yet).