FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:37 am
alessandro.s

Originally Posted by mster
+1. Describing this requirement as "15,000 bonus points" instead of just calling it "$1500 hotel spend" is totally ridiculous. I've had it with IHG's confusing promo shenanigans. $1500 in spend is totally reasonable but the need to confuse their customers about it is mind boggling.

Just moved my remaining 2018 stays to Hilton / Hyatt.
Yeah, one would expect that, as far as bonus points go, there is either a minimum or a maximum of possible gains, but within a range...

Having a minimum which is also the maximum should be worded differently - such as, "get 15000 extra free points upon reaching 15000".

So while I should still pass $1500 by end of October without sweating much, I'm not happy about the way the offer has been presented.

Finally, my 2nd stay should post tomorrow so I'll add my own data point to what unfortunately seems a pretty clear scenario already.

EDIT: What about this: could the extra points from the 2x bonus post ONLY at the end of Q3 AND up to a maximum to 15K ? That'd make sense...

Last edited by alessandro.s; Sep 29, 2018 at 6:58 am Reason: Second thoughts...