FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avios booking GST tax from India
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:05 am
flyingnomad

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
The BA fares desk knows this is a recurring problem. I’ve had multiple occasions when I’ve tried to upgrade with avios or GUFs existing india-originating rev bookings from WTP to CW or CW to F, and even the GGL line constantly quotes me some ridiculous taxes and fees differential, which I then have to politely challenge, at which point they then put me on hold while they check with the fares desk who then tell them there is no differential due. There is then some nonsensical excuse given about how because the system doesn’t recognize the point of sale as being India, it incorrectly computes a T&F differential as being due. They then claim that there are no tax and fees differences for tickets issued in India (which is nonsense, it’s just that they are computing them incorrectly for the premium cabins). Not to mention that the number quoted also has no resemblance to the T&F differential they using in rev ticket issuances which one can check quickly by doing two dummy revenue bookings on their website.

I can only imagine there are dozens of pax who unknowingly pay the several hundred pounds per ticket that they are incorrectly asked for.