FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2018, 4:40 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Returning on BA from YYZ a few years ago, my wife back then and I were in J and in the Club World queue. It was mid-summer and we were both very casually dressed, me in shorts and flip-flops and unshaven for a week. A woman in her 50s was in front of us (with a GC luggage label on each case) and rather sneeringly looked us both up and down when we joined the CW queue before snapping, "this is the business class queue, I think you will find Economy is over there", and gestured towards the long Y queue that had formed.

My wife replied that yes, we were already in the correct queue thanks and we stayed where we were. However, when the woman in front of us reached the agent she was very assuming with her but the agent suddenly said, "madame this is the Club World check-in, your ticket is in Economy, you will have to join the Economy check-in line". Then the woman started ranting at the agent saying her HUSBAND was a GC holder (which explained the luggage labels) and therefore she was fully entitled to use this check-in desk, he flies thousands of miles with BA, controls a large travel budget, blah, blah, blah. The agent was having none of it though and stood her ground ^

When she finally turned round to skulk off to the Y line my wife very helpfully gestured to her left and repeated back the woman's original advice to us....... "yes, I do believe you will find Economy is over there"