FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:54 pm
cuzzybro

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb., A3 *G, QF Plat
Apologies if this has been repeated: but following on from the news over the past two weeks that SQ has released First Class Suites availability to certain *A partners (seems to be max 1 seat per flight) on certain long haul routes to partners, I was tempted to see if Virgin could possibly also access this unicorn space too, and to my surprise they could and it was 100% bookable non-phantom space lol. This is despite the following stated on the VS website for SQ redemptions: "Spending miles: Redemptions in Business Class and First Class on their A380-800, 777-300ER, and A350-900 aircraft types are not available."

I ended up hurriedly using VS miles to book three separate one ways in Suites Class on the A380, 1x Ex-Auckland (AKL-SIN), and 2x ex-Singapore (SIN-AKL) to link up some other bookings. Looking forward to checking out the private room in Changi ^.
Each one way was 65k miles one way (I transferred US AMEX miles during the recent 30% bonus, so 50K one way - epic deal!), and incurred nominal taxes for the bookings, ~40 NZD ex. Auckland and ~80 NZD ex. Singapore. SQ specific PNRs check out on the SQ website, and reservations are ticketed and confirmed.

Call times on the three separate occasions were: 6 minutes (seriously); 32 minutes; and 17 minutes. Happy hunting!

Last edited by cuzzybro; Sep 28, 2018 at 9:56 pm Reason: typos