FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best noise cancelling headphones for flying?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:51 pm
Dave510

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by LordHamster
My trusty bose qc20i is on its last legs... looking at the WH1000xM3 and the QC35ii. Have you had experience with the bose headphones to compare? Most reviewers who "compare" that I've found on the internet, don't actually have experience with both and are just parroting what they've read.

Also how comfy is the WH1000xM3? Could you see wearing it for a 15.5 hour flight for example?
I could never wear the Bose QCs for more than 10 minutes, since it gives me the "pressure" sensation. From my brief experience listening to them (in a relatively quiet store), I prefer Sony's sound signature.

For my relatively large head, the WH1000XM3 is very comfortable. I've spent an entire day listening to music in them last weekend, so I can wear it through a 15 hour long haul. It does get a little warm over time though.

Originally Posted by Marschel
Right because connecting to one device only at time is superior.
Switching devices with the headphone isn't too difficult, so it's a non-issue for me. It might be a deal breaker for some people, but probably not a high priority feature for most people.