FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to fly A3 from Bodrum or surrounding area to Athens?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:38 pm
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Would you mind sharing the day of the week and season that you will be flying? There are quite some seasonal flights out of Bodrum and Izmir, perhaps flying into another country and changing there to a flight to ATH would work?

Way more miles to fly of course, but in time it may be better than waiting around all day
Hahaha, I think you might find it funny to come up with something like STN or BRU (yes, I did look, considered it for a moment, and went "Ugh, no") ... Eeeek!

It's in October, and likely to be Thursday. My present thought is ferry + SkyExpress. It gets me into Athens at a decent time too. My main concern is that they only have one flight a day and if they cancel it, I'll be in a bit of a poo, as I need to be in Athens that night. I could of course book the later A3 flight as an insurance policy and rebook it to another date if I don't need it (I want to pre-book in case they're full).

Otherwise it would be something silly like Bodrum -> Kos by ferry, Kos to Rhodes by ferry, and then RHO-ATH on A3/OA, which is probably too silly even for me because for all I know, the ferry might get cancelled, although I do prefer the A320 over a turboprop (but then, I get the pleasure of spending 3+ hours on a ferry if I did that).

Still, I would very much welcome your weird and wonderful solution (no "charter a flight!" please though, that would be too expensive for what I'm trying to achieve here ).

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Sep 27, 2018 at 8:08 pm