FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Welcome speech - attendant discretion or driven by analytics?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:07 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ethernal
Hah - that's pretty funny. Completely off topic but I refuse to fly Turkish though. They're incredibly petty about IRROPS. Paid J ticket connecting to a *A partner in BKK - a maintenance delay in IST resulted in me missing the light. Next flight out to my destination was 16 hours later the next day. Neither TK or TG were willing to rebook me on any of the dozen or so non-S* flights (even in Economy) because their "systems wouldn't let them." I said fine, I'll book it myself and ask for reimbursement. Booked a $156 AirAsia flight (obviously in Economy versus the lie-flat J I had on TG) so I would turn a 16 hour delay into a 3 hour one. Filed for reimbursement and it got rejected (and no refund for the unused portion of the original ticket). What a joke!
IIRC Turkey follows the EC261 regulations, so you may have been able to get compensation for the delay. Alternatively did you ask them to refund the delayed asegment (check the T&C for this) rather than reimburse you for the new ticket you purchased. You might be able to get a partial refund from your credit card too.