FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which IHG property in Shanghai for an overnight.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:48 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by work2fly
I'm grateful for your advice - thank you.

For future reference, the IC Ruijin provided revised information for additional Club charges. 2 adults and 1 child under 6 are included with the room rate. Children between 6 and 12 are charged 50% of the adult rate for daily access, or 337 yuan.

The FS Shanghai is having a 30% off sale on suites so it's now the same price for us as the IC Ruijin. I have some questions but will move the discussion to the luxury hotel forum.
If you do create a new thread, I think the China forum is more suitable than the luxury hotels forum because the properties on your radar don't really fall into the luxury category. But, since you posted here, allow me to opine on your 3 current choices:

1. The FS does not have exceptional hardware, but I like the location quite a bit because there are lots of good places to eat in the area
2. The Langham is probably the nicest of the 3, and XTD has lots of restaurants that you might like
3. I like the Ruijin IC because the environment is very peaceful (i.e. almost like you're not in the city), and it's in the heart of the former French Concession, but subway access is less than stellar

Please definitely check out the Disney on sight hotels for your final night. I actually haven't been to Shanghai Disney yet, but when I eventually get there, I will definitely stay on the property even though I live in Shanghai (I go to Disney World with my mom every year when I'm back in Florida, and on sight is definitely worth the premium).