FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Offline I-D connection in FLL.
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:07 am
teddybear99

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by ijgordon
While it's a fairly short walk from the B6 terminal (T3) to the DL terminal (T2), I think an inbound international will come into T4, which is probably a 10 minute walk (or 5-7 minute shuttle bus plus waiting time). I've never done an international arrival at FLL so I don't know how the lines can be. There aren't tons of flights, but if they only have 3 agents on duty (like at the cruise terminal often ) it could still take a while. I'd definitely try to sit toward the front of the B6 flight.
Then, TSA lines can be bad on Saturday/Sunday mornings when the bulk of the cruise traffic is departing, though PreCheck would definitely help. Weekdays should be much lighter.
FLL now has 2 International Arrival Custom areas, Concourse A in terminal 1 and Concourse G in Terminal 4. B6 normally uses terminal 4, however they have had to use Terminal 1 when they arrive late or there are many flights at the same time. International arrivals are heavy in the AM as B6, NK, EK, AD, AA, and Caribbean Airlines all have Int'l arrivals in the morning between 6 and 10 am. Good news is that after exiting customs you can take the behind security bridge between terminals 4 and 3, then exit out of terminal 3 and take the short 1000 ft. walk to terminal 2