FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Bag Interlining If Separate Tix w/ *A Partners (YES) & Non-Partners (NO) {Archive}
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:45 pm
FlyingNone

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by 1984SW
(A disclaimer: I'm a dinosaur ex-reservations agent who was proficient on Apollo up until it's demise after the UA/CO merger.)

On Apollo the usual way to manually add a segment (versus selecting it from an availability display) was to send it with a NN or SS ("need" or "sell") action. That would only really work, though, if the flight was still available for sale.

An alternate option to add a segment without sending a message to the other airline, though, was to enter the segment directly as HK ("confirmed"), but that could have unintended circumstances.

Then, finally, they added GK ("group confirmed") that was originally intended for group bookings but became a nice alternate to add to regular reservations without any message -- ever -- being sent to the other airline. Does SHARES not have some similar entry to Apollo's GK? For SHARES-proficient readers, the Apollo entry was: 0SQ123Y25DECSINBKKGK1 . (Apollo used 0 or 0: as the segment prefix. I worked on PARS, too, and ISTR they used 4, so not sure what SHARES uses.)
--------
Trust me, SHARES did not have a similar entry to Apollo's GK or HK at the time of the merger. Disclaimer - they might have that ability now with their new/enhanced system?. I remember right after the merger having to call the CO help desk to do this for an interline bag tag and they didn't know how to do it - unlike Apollo, they simply had no HK or GK entry that could be forced into the PNR nor did they have a way to issue a through bag tag for two separate PNRs......The only thing they could attempt was to actually sell the needed segment into one or the other PNR (but in this instance no more seats were available to "sell"). I think the passengers had to get it fixed or squared away at the connecting point - They were furious to say the least.
oops, I see from comment #651 and their experience from only a month ago that this is still the case ?

Last edited by FlyingNone; Sep 27, 2018 at 12:14 am