FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls {CAN}
Old Jul 19, 2004, 8:38 pm
yyzflyer

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
I assume that if you do not have a car ( ie walking from the Hilton NF) or taxi then you do not have to pay the ( mandatory car parking fee).
I would certainly hope not, but they actually didn't ask if I had a car (I did), saying simply "There is a mandatory $9 daily parking fee. Please sign here that you understand." I suspect that people have been asking for money back at checkout after discovering that the public lot across the street charges only CAD $5 for 24 hours.

Originally Posted by The_Banking_Scot
Sounds a little stingy on the use of breakfast coupons ( ie other hotels have had upgrading to a full breafast for only a few $) but at least coupons are given out.

I was most disapointed to hear about the extra charge for Froot Loops!!
I was actually shocked at their inflexibility. Niagara Falls is a known tourist trap, but this was a little silly. No refills on OJ and an extra dollar to "upgrade" to a children's breakfast off the Kids Menu. My son would have eaten for free at the Hilton or Marriott down the street under their current promotions. Like most kids he prefers his Froot Loops to a danish or muffin.

They had only been open two weeks, so hopefully this is all "growing pains".