FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA launch LCY-MUC from Feb 2019
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:23 am
rossmacd

Originally Posted by NeilP
With the continued BA expansion at LCY, is there any chance they will open a lounge?
This has been done to death. If you arrive more than 30 minutes prior to departure time, you are wasting your time. Hence, no need for a lounge

Yes, there is a (small) connecting operation where people may be better served by a lounge, but it is so insignificant versus the P2P travelers. I will typically take a ZRH-LCY-GLA twice per year, but even then I am on the 30 minutes MCT, so again no need for a lounge.

That is before considering the number of eligible passengers travelling through LCY at any one time - the number of gold/silver tags on show tells me that they lounge space required would almost need the majority of the current terminal space to provide any reasonable lounge offering. Unless we restrict lounge access at LCY to the real frequent flyers, such as CCR cardholders only? Even GGLs are fairly "common", especially on the BACF type routes.

If you need/want a lounge, LHR should be able to provide what you need. If you wish to have the absolute minimum time spent in the airport, LCY is for you