FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS Go Light [FAQ & Discussions]
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2018, 6:23 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by SK2751
I think everybody agrees with that here. I just disagree that they are hidden. They are quite clearly communicated. If mike_lajolla claims that *G gives him an extra bag on all fares for the last 15 years he simply wrong, or he does not fly as frequently as he claims. The situation was quite different in Europe (LH, SN, ...) the last few years already. SK is one of the late comers to the game. And nobody hides it, they communicate. I find it super annoying but clearly not hidden. This is a false accusation with no ground.

The fees are clearly stated, and the status privileges are published. If I spent 1-2K USD on a TATL ticket, I check the rules, not the color of my card. Like for anything of this value. And fortunately, unlike with other industries, the important rules are still stated in ca. 5 clear points, not in many pages of fine print written by the lawyers.
Yes they are clearly communicated but it's just troublesome to have to remember which airline has what - and it's purely bad airlines don't allow OTA to sell fares with bags so that we can pay more to get the bag fare via OTA. A lot of people who pre-ordered bags with OTA said that when they checked in no bags was allowed for free even though they held a receipt that they paid for it. I think this can actually be unfair competition.

It used to be that you book a flight you get your meal, drink and bag included. Then they introduced rules that complicates the whole system, last time I checked in at UA (bought the ticket before this idiotic rule started), and it took the ground staff 3 minutes extra just to see how many bags we are eligible to bring.

Again I checked fares to the US during Easter and for some destination *A is twice the price of ST or OW, and it not that they include any checked bag.