FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How comfortable is ANZ premium economy?
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:29 pm
mad_atta

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by nzkarit
How is is avoidable? Only the last row on the 77W is 2 in the middle. So all the rest of the PE will still have some one climbing over you or asking you to stand up. So there is still social interaction required and potentially getting woken up. At least with things like Sky Couch there is no extraneous social interaction required to sit there.
I said getting stuck in the middle yourself was generally avoidable, unless you have last choice of seats. I didn't say that having someone else stuck there and needing to get past you was avoidable, and I agree that's an irritation. Having said that, I can get out (usually from a window seat) past someone in the aisle without touching or disturbing them, unless their tray table is down (in which case, chances are they are at least awake).

But I do take your point - which is why I said the 2+2+2 config was a key part of the SpaceSeat's appeal. I just thought it was deeply compromised in so many other ways that, personally, matter more to me - but YMMV.