FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA73 Abu Dhabi Flight Cancellations
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:04 am
Raffles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Kilo Alpha Hotel
...aaand I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to see a 777 in AUH (maybe it was an error all along) because later today the inbound flight now changed to Air Belgium too.

Back on the phone to BA ....and, because flight times from DXB didn't work with our schedule, accepted a downgrade to J on Air Belgium (but with Concorde arrivals service and Tier still promised).
Flights are part of a BA Holiday so - without being able to unpack the package price into hotel and flight - I'm not entirely sure what exact level of compensation we'll get, but it's an overnight flight anyway so F isn't that big a deal. If anyone has any experience of what to expect re compensation, or whether I need to get written confirmation of Tier and arrivals service or just go by phone agent's word, I'd really appreciate hearing.
Not sure I would have accepted (which you now have, legally) without a deal in writing. In theory EU261 gets you 75% of what you paid back but, because it is wrapped up in the holiday, be prepared for BA to tell you that your flight cost £1 and the hotel was £5000 so you're getting 75p.